The following information will help ensure that you have a safe and enjoyable adventure on the Little Miami River.Get Your Free River Guide and Tour Map
What to Bring on Your Trip
To help make your trip all the more pleasurable, we suggest bringing some or all of the following items.
- Plenty of drinking water (preferably in reusable plastic containers)
- Hat and sun coverage
- Soft Soled Shoes or Sandals with Heel Straps
- Dress accordingly
All paddlers must be at least 3 years old and 30 pounds for all trips on the Little Miami River.
Paddling Safety Tips
Paddling is a great way to get some exercise and enjoy nature. In order to ensure your safety, we recommend you read these tips before starting your adventure.
- IMPORTANT – Always wear your life jacket
- Make sure you bring drinking water and stay hydrated!
- Check the weather forecast before you leave and pack accordingly.
- Know the water conditions. Sometimes the river will be high, low.
- Never paddle while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Know your paddling abilities and plan your outing accordingly.
- Avoid fallen trees and other in-stream obstructions.
- Do not stand up in a canoe or kayak, and avoid weight shifts that may cause capsize.
- Always carry identification that includes your name, phone number, pertinent medical information, and emergency contact information (preferably in a waterproof bag. You can also store your cell phone and camera in the bag as well.
- Inform others of your trip plan.
Stewardship and Etiquette
For your safety and the protection of the scenic and historic Little Miami River, please do not bring any glass containers or styrofoam coolers (they are bad for the environment).
- Please do not litter.
- Do your part to keep the river clean so the next person can have the same experience.
- Leave the river and shoreline cleaner than you find them.
- Leave rocks and plants as you find them.
- Respect wildlife; stay clear of nests, dens, and rookeries.
- Please do not share your food with animals (Human food is unhealthy for wildlife).
- Avoid taking disposable containers; take it in, take it out.
- Be considerate of others.
- Give fishermen a wide berth.
Thursday 06/29 10%
High 87° / Low 70°
Partly cloudy. High 87F. Winds SSW at 10 to 20 mph.
Friday 06/30 40%
High 84° / Low 69°
Chance of a Thunderstorm
Partial cloudiness early, with scattered showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. High 84F. Winds SSW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
Saturday 07/01 80%
High 83° / Low 64°
Thunderstorms likely in the morning. Then the chance of scattered thunderstorms in the afternoon. High 83F. Winds WSW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 80%.
Sunday 07/02 10%
High 84° / Low 63°
Sunshine along with some cloudy intervals. High 84F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph.
Monday 07/03 20%
High 88° / Low 66°
Except for a few afternoon clouds, mainly sunny. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High 88F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph.