The following information will help ensure that you have a safe and enjoyable adventure on the Little Miami River.Get Your Free River Guide and Tour Map
What to Bring on Your Trip
To help make your trip all the more pleasurable, we suggest bringing some or all of the following items.
- Plenty of drinking water (preferably in reusable plastic containers)
- Hat and sun coverage
- Soft Soled Shoes or Sandals with Heel Straps
- Dress accordingly
All paddlers must be at least 4 years old and a minimum of 40 pounds for all trips on the Little Miami River.
Paddling Safety Tips
Paddling is a great way to get some exercise and enjoy nature. In order to ensure your safety, we recommend you read these tips before starting your adventure.
- IMPORTANT – Always wear your life jacket
- Make sure you bring drinking water and stay hydrated!
- Check the weather forecast before you leave and pack accordingly.
- Know the water conditions. Sometimes the river will be high, low.
- Never paddle while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Know your paddling abilities and plan your outing accordingly.
- Avoid fallen trees and other in-stream obstructions.
- Do not stand up in a canoe or kayak, and avoid weight shifts that may cause capsize.
- Always carry identification that includes your name, phone number, pertinent medical information, and emergency contact information (preferably in a waterproof bag. You can also store your cell phone and camera in the bag as well.
- Inform others of your trip plan.
Stewardship and Etiquette
For your safety and the protection of the scenic and historic Little Miami River, please do not bring any glass containers or styrofoam coolers (they are bad for the environment).
- Please do not litter.
- Do your part to keep the river clean so the next person can have the same experience.
- Leave the river and shoreline cleaner than you find them.
- Leave rocks and plants as you find them.
- Respect wildlife; stay clear of nests, dens, and rookeries.
- Please do not share your food with animals (Human food is unhealthy for wildlife).
- Avoid taking disposable containers; take it in, take it out.
- Be considerate of others.
- Give fishermen a wide berth.
Saturday 08/19 50%
High 84° / Low 60°
Chance of a Thunderstorm
Partly cloudy early followed by scattered thunderstorms this afternoon. High 84F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50%.
Sunday 08/20 10%
High 88° / Low 65°
Plentiful sunshine. High 88F. Winds light and variable.
Monday 08/21 0%
High 88° / Low 71°
Partly cloudy. High 88F. Winds light and variable.
Tuesday 08/22 90%
High 89° / Low 65°
Chance of a Thunderstorm
Partly cloudy early with thunderstorms becoming likely during the afternoon. Potential for severe thunderstorms. High 89F. Winds SW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 90%.
Wednesday 08/23 20%
High 78° / Low 58°
Partly cloudy. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High 78F. Winds N at 10 to 15 mph.