The following information will help ensure that you have a safe and enjoyable adventure on the Little Miami River.Get Your Free River Guide and Tour Map
What to Bring on Your Trip
To help make your trip all the more pleasurable, we suggest bringing some or all of the following items.
- Plenty of drinking water (preferably in reusable plastic containers)
- Hat and sun coverage
- Soft Soled Shoes or Sandals with Heel Straps
- Dress accordingly
All paddlers must be at least 4 years old and a minimum of 40 pounds for all trips on the Little Miami River.
Paddling Safety Tips
Paddling is a great way to get some exercise and enjoy nature. In order to ensure your safety, we recommend you read these tips before starting your adventure.
- IMPORTANT – Always wear your life jacket
- Make sure you bring drinking water and stay hydrated!
- Check the weather forecast before you leave and pack accordingly.
- Know the water conditions. Sometimes the river will be high, low.
- Never paddle while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Know your paddling abilities and plan your outing accordingly.
- Avoid fallen trees and other in-stream obstructions.
- Do not stand up in a canoe or kayak, and avoid weight shifts that may cause capsize.
- Always carry identification that includes your name, phone number, pertinent medical information, and emergency contact information (preferably in a waterproof bag. You can also store your cell phone and camera in the bag as well.
- Inform others of your trip plan.
Stewardship and Etiquette
For your safety and the protection of the scenic and historic Little Miami River, please do not bring any glass containers or styrofoam coolers (they are bad for the environment).
- Please do not litter.
- Do your part to keep the river clean so the next person can have the same experience.
- Leave the river and shoreline cleaner than you find them.
- Leave rocks and plants as you find them.
- Respect wildlife; stay clear of nests, dens, and rookeries.
- Please do not share your food with animals (Human food is unhealthy for wildlife).
- Avoid taking disposable containers; take it in, take it out.
- Be considerate of others.
- Give fishermen a wide berth.
Saturday 03/23 0%
High 54° / Low 37°
Sunny. High 54F. Winds light and variable.
Sunday 03/24 70%
High 58° / Low 46°
Chance of Rain
Cloudy in the morning, then off and on rain showers during the afternoon hours. High 58F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 70%.
Monday 03/25 80%
High 49° / Low 26°
A steady rain in the morning. Showers continuing in the afternoon. High 49F. Winds NNE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 80%.
Tuesday 03/26 0%
High 49° / Low 27°
Sunshine and some clouds. High 49F. Winds NE at 10 to 15 mph.
Wednesday 03/27 0%
High 59° / Low 39°
Generally sunny. High 59F. Winds light and variable.